So just a few little fun updates this week. I am going to try an write a weekly note on how the progress is going with everything.
We had our monthly conference call this week with the group. It is quite fun to talk with everyone and see how their progress is going as well. We learned that there are groups of women all thru the States making pillowcase dresses for each group. Apparently, they are these dresses that start out as pillowcase and eventually make quite a cute sundress for all the young girls over in Zambia. There are four groups going for Nurses for Africa, and these bunch of amazing women are making over 200 dresses for each group to take.
Also, the Nurses for Africa group is putting together a lightweight First Aid kit for each Nurse to use over in Zambia. When we are out and about doing our home visits within the community we will now have to basics to help with all sorts of wounds. Truly fun that we can have these. I have started putting aside some left over things fro work that will totally help with this as well. So everyone at SHC keep this in mind and save items that you think can be useful =)
And finally we have people donating all sorts of old eyeglasses that we can give out too while we are in the Clinics. We work along side a group called Hands at Work in Zambia and they said these are quite needed items there. So anyway, we are making wonderful progress and we ahould be doing lots of different activities for our week there.
I am still organizing at work little gifts bags for the young mums. I am so happy the girls at work are helping me do this, we are getting about 30+ bags ready to take over. Each bag will contain cloths diapers, diapers pins, washcloths, onezies, socks, hats, wipes, bulb syringe, diaper cream, comb, wash and little toys. Also, peanut butter crackers for the mums as well. My mum has also made some receiving blankets for me to take, THANKS MUM!!! I can't wait to see how this turns out, YAY!!!
Well I think that is it for now! Keep coming back and let me know if you have any ideas or whatnot. I will also post some pics from my trip last year for everyone to enjoy!
Talk soon, take care Mindi
No comments:
Post a Comment