So I apologize that it has taken me forever to login and update this blog, but we truly had no access to any computer until
now. So here it goes little by little I will let you know happened!!
So I got to Chicago and had to go and grab all of my luggage at the baggage claim and man oh man it was rough. No
one was willing to help me at all. I had my backpack which is a 75L one so huge, a smaller pack, one duffel for
carryon, one suitcase that rolled and then finally one duffel that rolled. So can you imagine trying to carry all that
and then have to get on the train to get to the international terminal, all I got were looks and a couple of people that
actually said good luck to me and then walked away, so much for nice people!!! Anyway I was able to find a cart and
then got on the train by carrying it all again then found a cart right off the train, so thank god!!! Then I found a couple
of girls waiting already at the Bristish Airlines waiting area. Right away we got along with each other, throughout the
first hour, we all met each other and were talking up a storm and getting to know each other. Then finally Theresa arrived
our trip leader and with all the extra bags she brought we had 35 bags to check total, not including all of our carryons
it was truly amazing!!! To see all these supplies in front of us now. Bristish Airways were quite good with us, some were
overweight and they did not mind at all, since we were humanitarians, YAY!!!
Well after checking in we waiting around for a bit in the airport and then we were off! It was an 8 hour flight, not bad at
all, I was able to sleep some of it, put my mask on and I was out HE HE HE!!
We then had an 9 hour layover in London, now I love that airport there is lots to do, but 9 hours is so long!!! I had
forgotten my makeup on the plane, just my luck, so I had to go buy a little more, so that took up some time thank
god, lol, but mostly I just walked around with Carolyn looking at things, cause her and I were the ones that couldn't
sit still. Finally I was able to rest for an hour or so, thanks god!
Finally we were off around 1800 for the next plane...we boarded that flight to Lusaka and found out that 2 bathrooms were only in use so imagine the whole plane having to use 2...there were longs lines and angry people to say the least!!
Flight wasn't bad...long...but then on Sat morning we arrived!!!!!! =)
Mindi
No comments:
Post a Comment