Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sun Sept 9th

Good Early Morning!!!

Well we are up very early to start our drive back to Lusaka to hit the plane tomorrow.   Its 0730 and its time to get in the bus and get going.  The hardest time has come and it is time to say goodbye to the Hands at Work people.  I just hate saying goodbyes!!!  Robyn, Alisha and Catherine we absolutely amazing to have met and talked with, I truly enjoyed being with them through this journey.  I don't think this could have been the same experience without them, I am truly thankful!!! 

Well after some tears we were off to start our travels to Lusaka, a 5 hour bus ride, eek!!!  It wasn't bad at all, it was nice seeing the Zambian countryside, I really don't remember this drive coming down I guess I slept more than I thought, ha ha ha.  We had a quick stop in Kabwe where we did before for our bathroom break, none of us wanted to stop for lunch we just wanted to keep going and then have more time at the craft market.

We arrived at the craft market at 1230 so we had an hour an a half to shop, so all of us we excited!!!  I unfortunately had no money with me so I went to the ATM to get money out, but after I took apparently too long to figure out the exchange, it took my card and since it was sun, I could not get it back.  Lets just say I had a few choice words to say and some tears, but I called my bank right away and canceled it and then bought some money off the girls.  Still very upsetting tho!!

I bought a couple of items at the craft market...it was a nice little market, bargaining was allowed and expected so that helped me out a bit.

After the market we headed off for our game drive.  It took a bit of time to get there, a horrible bumpy road and it was almost sunset when we had gotten there.  We had a quick bathroom break (BTW it was the nicest bathroom we have had so we were all happy), and then we were off on our drive.  It was so pretty to watch all the animals and it being sunset, fun times. 

We headed back to the mall where the craft market was to eat dinner, and finally after this day, we all enjoyed some wine!!!  I for sure needed it!!!  It was a nice restaurant, and I had Kingslip fish again, I loved that last year when I was here.

Then we headed back to the Zebra house for our last night, not a bad place for one night.  Kim and I shared a room, and truly we passed out when we got back there.  We were up in 5 hours, so head over to the airport, we wanted to get there early to get thru security and then we could shop for a bit, I was happy since then I could use my credit card there, yay!!!

Night night, our last night in Africa =)


No comments:

Post a Comment