Hello there!!!
Well sorry it has been a little while since I have been on here, so many things are getting ready for the trip. It's official, one month to go and I will be meeting up with the other nurses in Chicago and we will be on our way to help everyone in Zambia.
Its been overwhelming to see what people have donated to me in this time. I have even had a couple of parcels from Canada, thanks Rebecca!!! It is so amazing to me everyone that has helped me on this journey. Africa is such a wonderful place and it is nice to be going back there, its almost like going home. I love it there, and I hope the fellow nurses that I will be going with will feel the same way!
Here are a couple of updated pics of the supplies that I need to pack to get there. Apparently, British Airways allows us to travel with 3 checked bags free since we are a charity group, but of course I still need to worry about not being over weight...EEEK!!! I tried to contact US airways to see if they would waiver my baggage fees to get to Chicago but unfortunately they would not. So therefore I have to pay for my bags to get there, but I feel since everyone has helped me with the supplies this is the least I can do =)
Well take care and I will talk soon
Mindi

No comments:
Post a Comment