Well it is only 12 days away now til I depart on this next adventure of mine, boy oh boy, this time has come so quickly.
I cannot believe the amount of support that I have been getting from all my friends, both from work and from Canada. I have received parcels from Canada, (thanks Rebecca!!!) full of baby wash and lotion and soon a gift card to be used for toys! I have had an overwhelming response from the girls at work, I am simply astonished!!!! I cannot say enough thanks for everything everyone has donated to make this trip a successful one, and I haven't even left yet =)
It was my idea to have this gift bag full of items for mums and it has been a huge hit with every team that has gone so far, I am so thrilled that it was a hit!!!
When I said to one of my fellow co-workers and friend how overwhelmed I was about the response I have gotten with the supplies she simply said "we believe in what you are doing and want to help", that truly sums up why I am going on this mission, I have always believed I went into Nursing to travel the world and give to those in need, and I feel I am doing so now. I have tried a mission before while in Nursing School but I do not believe I had enough knowledge and skill at that time, I feel I do so now and can't wait to get going!!! Maybe this will open some future doors to me in International Nursing??? One could hope =)
I have been running around this week getting some last minute items for the trip, it will be fun trying to pack in all in 3 bags and 2 carry-ons, pics to come, HA HA HA!!! Fingers crossed it will all fit ok and not be overweight!!!
Must go and organize!!
Talk soon..HUGS
No comments:
Post a Comment