YAY!!! its finally here!!!
I cannot believe it, I feel like I have been talking about it for so long, and now I finally get to get going and meet everyone!
I start off today with 3 checked bags full to the top of supplies, and 2 carry-ons also filled to the brim. It has been so overwhelming to me how many people donated to me all the baby supplies, I am truly humbled =)
We meet in Chicago, all of us wearing the same TShirt so we can identify each other, none of us have actually met, just some through facebook, mostly on the phone during conference calls. It should be fun and interesting to actually see everyone face to face.
Then we have a 7.5 hour flight to London and then unfortunately a 9 hour layover there...yikes!!! Then we are off again to Lusaka Zambia on a night flight, which I believe is another 9 hours, such a long trek but so worth it in the end!!!
When we arrive we are off, we head right to the "Sisters", which is our accommodation in Luanshya, an old Nunnery, full of bunk beds and lots of showers for all these girls, (12 total). LOL Then we head to buy our medications, since we were unable to bring any on the plane we must get everything there. Then that night before bed, which is Sat by the way, we have to make up all the baby bags, I am super excited to show everyone how much stuff I had donated from everyone I know, makes me so proud!!! Next day is church and then Mon and Tues we have clinic days, this is where I will be doing my prenatal/reproductive/labor teaching, I am super pumped. Then couple of days are home visits and kids day. Then on our last day we get to do a game drive and shop in the craft markets. On the way home we have a 17 hour layover in London so we are going to do a tour and then followed by a fish and chip dinner. That pretty much sums up my time there, few others things along the way I will write about when I get the chance.
Must get going and get ready. Not sure when I will have another chance to write, but I will try!!!
Take care, and talk soon
Mindi
No comments:
Post a Comment